Raki Opiniano is a budding vlogger, showcasing his passion for food online. He was born in Ilocos Norte and grew up in Baguio City in the Philippines, this is where he learned most of the home cook meals and recipes that he is now sharing with the world.
He started creating and publishing vlogs when the pandemic began last March 2020 to support his wife and daughters. He regained his love for Filipino cuisine when they started sharing their vlogs. And now, he is enjoying rediscovering long lost traditional food
- Beef kenchi, brisket, fats
- Bone marrow
- Star anise
- Cornstarch or Cassava powder
- Spring onions
- Fried garlic
- Cut beef into cubes
- In a deep pot, saute the aromatics (garlic, onion, star anise, freshly ground pepper, ginger, and bayleaves). Set aside.
- Then sear the beef.
- Deglaze the pot with a cup of soysauce. Then we add “sibot” (optional).
- Add water enough to simmer the beef.
- Cook until tender.
- Skim the fat. Add sugar and the cornstarch and water mixture slowly until broth thickens.
- Taste and adjust according to preference.
- Top it with fried garlic and chopped spring onions. Serve and enjoy!