- IF YOU DON’THAVE IT, DON’T SPEND IT. Don’t go into unnecessary debt for anyone
- IF YOU MUST, BORROW MONEY RESPONSIBLY. Make sure you can afford the additional debt. Make sure you can pay it.
- NOT ALL EMERGENCIES ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
- NOT ALL EMERGENCIES ARE LEGITIMATE – ask questions and offer alternate solutions
- DON’T BE AN ENABLER. Teach your loved ones to fend for themselves. Just like what the bible says…. You can give them fish, or you can TEACH THEM HOW TO FISH.
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, BEFORE THINKING OF OTHERS. Afterall, if you are weak – physically and financially, what good will you be to others? Make yourself physically and financially strong first, and then you’ll be able to help others that much better.
- BEFORE I COMMIT TO HELPING SOMEONE, I ASK MYSELF THIS QUESTIONS: If I died today, what will happen to him who is asking for my help? The answer is always the same….. I’d be dead, and they’d be alive and seeking help from someone else. So the moral of the story: you refusing to help, won’t be the end of the world. They’ll go ask someone else. Promise.
- THINK OF ALL THE MONEY YOU’VE GIVEN AWAY TO BENEFIT OTHERS. Now, think how much better your life would be, if you had kept that money for you and your immediate family!
- LEARN TO SAY NO. Your well-being, and that of your immediate family is of paramount importance.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Tony Surtida has been involved in the auto industry since 1990 and has had a long and distinguished career not only as a sales consultant but as a sales manager and finance manager as well. He currently works a Finance Specialist at FILCAN CARS. His knowledge of the auto industry will be an invaluable tool for those in the market for a new or newer vehicle. The insight he shares in this column is a culmination of years of experience which he hopes will provide information one needs to make an informed choice. Kung Sasakyan din lang naman, ‘wag nang kung saan-saan pa. Kay Tony Surtida na!